3.26.2008

And So It Begins . . .

Another big step for me this week and it's only Wednesday!! It's amazing what I can accomplish when I get out of my own way and step out of my box!! I finally got tired of lurking and drooling over other peoples' blogs. My friend Kim told me how easy it was to set this up. I believed her but was still a little apprehensive. I have this thing about not wanting to try new things. It's not that I don't want to try. It's more like a feeling of discomfort. Could be that I was given more roots than wings growing up. It's very important to tell a child that he or she can accomplish whatever they set their mind to but you need to take that first step or else your plan will never get off the ground. I don't make New Year's resolutions anymore. Don't want to be disappointed year after year anymore. Instead I make personal goals. This year I made several. In the top three, after the ever-popular weight loss one and the goal to spend more quality time with friends, I have the dynamic duo of "Finally get your on-line shop up and running" and "Create a blog." Well last week I took my first very big step and contacted a wonderful woman who is going to make my on-line shop more than just a dream. Her name is Joyce Lucas of makeminepink.com and Pinque, Inc. She and her staff create the most beautiful templates that you purchase for your own shop and then they arm you with the knowledge of how to set up that shop or else they will do it all for you. Now, if you're computer savvy (which I'm definitely not) then you could probably do this yourself. For people like myself, there is Joyce Lucas. She is the main reason that I am here typing this right now. When she asked me if I was interested in having a blog that could be linked to my shop, I knew it was time. When the student is ready, the teacher will come!! So here I am on MY VERY OWN blog and my shop Crickleberrycottagecreations.com will be up and running in the next week, hopefully. Look at what you can accomplish when you get out of your own way!!

Many blessings ~ Wendy

2 comments:

Susan said...

Congrats and blessings on your new blog and online business. You deserve the best and I know all your creative ideas will shock the computer world !! Love You, Susan

kimo said...

Isn't it amazing the feeling when you step out of your "comfort zone" and it all works out? Talk about a feeling of accomplishment!