9.06.2009

Sunday Sayings . . .


I've decided that, every Sunday, I'm going to write about something more reflective. Something that reflects where I am in my life and, hopefully, it will touch someone else because they happen to be in the same place right now. I have noticed that lots of the bloggers that I follow take a certain day of the week and have made it something special other then their normal, everyday posts and I thought that was a wonderful idea. Sunday seems to be a little bit more layed back around here which leads me to have more time to think, more time for me.


I try to read my favorite blogs every day and there seems to be a recurring theme recently. This time of the year, especially if you have children, always seems to be the most hectic and we find ourselves juggling lots of different things. The kids going back to school, homework, after school activities, trying to fit in play dates for the youngers and everything else that goes along with back to school time. Then, for those of us who craft, this is our busiest time of the year if you like to hit the craft fair circuit or have a shop. Trying to find the time to be creative can be a daunting task, especially if you're working outside of the home. I've been blessed enough to be a stay-at-home mom since my first son was born. I have the utmost respect for women that work, maintain a home and a family and can still find time for their self. God bless all of you!!


This morning I was looking thru some of the books that I keep next to my computer. They are filled mostly with daily meditations, prayers, quotes and lots of wisdom of incredibly wonderful women, like you and I, who are just trying to find a sense of peace and balance in their day-to-day life. There was one passage that struck a chord with me more than any of the others I read. I thought I'd share it with you. It is the reason I have typed all of the above. I hope it resonates with you the way it did with me.


This is from one of my most cherished books titled "The Language of Letting Go" by one of my favorite authors, Melody Beattie. If you don't already have this book, I highly recommend it. I get a sense of peace every time I open it.



Letting Go of Urgency


One thing at a time.

That's all we have to do. Not two things at once, but one thing done in peace.

One task at a time. One feeling at a time. One day at a time. One problem

at a time.


One pleasure at a time.


Relax. Let go of urgency. Begin calmly now. Take one thing at a time. See

how everything works out?



Just typing that made me feel more peaceful.



Many blessings ~ Wendy





3 comments:

A Bite of Country Cupcakes said...

I read that and had My eyes welling.
I am soooo spred thin at the moment and need to take it one thing at a time,I know this But when you actually read it it really sinks in!
Beautiful post

cindy@muttleymanse said...

I needed that! I'm a bit overwhelmed right now and those words resonate peace. I'll be looking for that book. Thanks for sharing! I like your idea of Sunday Sayings..........

Gina said...

I wish I could follow this advice but I just find that juggling three young kids and the house there is always a zillion things that need doing at any one moment.

I feel so guilty sometimes when I dont get a card in the post to a friend for their birthday or when mt feet are sticking to the kitchen floor. If I can get anything from your words it is maybe to slow down and let go the less important things that are cluttering up our lives!

Thanks!

G