12.23.2009

Our Visit to the Botanical Gardens . . .




A couple of weeks ago we took a trip to the Botanical Gardens in Bronx, NY to see their annual Train Show. The weather outside was certainly frightful with a mixture of rain and large slushy snow flakes. Of course, we didn't have an umbrella with us but, thankfully, most of us had hats and hoods with the exception of my husband who I thought for sure was going to end up with pneumonia the next day!!


But we persevered and walked around to pass the time until it was our time slot to view the show.





We learned all about gingerbread and how to make it.

















We even got to decorate our own cookies.










We saw some absolutely wonderful gingerbread houses on display!!




Then we ventured into the gift shop. Oh my goodness!!! I wanted one of everything!!


Finally, it was time for the train show. I must say that if you ever get chance to visit this incredible display PLEASE run there as fast as you can!!! To think that the entire show is made of natural materials such as tree bark, nuts, leaves, roots, sticks, etc., etc. just blew me away!!
I'll post the pics of the train show tomorrow. There are so many of them and I think they need their own post!! :)
I hope everyone had a wonderful Christmas and a Happy Hanukkah!!
Many blessings ~ Wendy

1 comment:

JGH said...

I've always wanted to go to this show and have never made it - so thanks for taking me along ;-)
We also didn't make gingerbread houses this year, but now I have lots of inspiration for next year's creations!