7.15.2010

Kool-Aid and S'mores . . .



As I type this, there is a rare calmness in the house. Megan is asleep on the couch, Brendan is on his beloved X-box, Trevor slept at a friend's last nite, Connor is working and my hubby is sleeping after working all nite and having to go in again tonite. All I can hear are the sounds of the summer bugs (not sure what they are but they're the ones that make that sound that crescendos to a loud noise and then just as quickly go silent again. I equate them with hot summer days and boy has it been hot!!), one of my sleeping pets snoring and the central air kicking in. God bless the inventor of central air!!!!








Over the last couple of weeks, since the beginning of summer vacation, our little cottage has been a whirlwind of activity. We have what we call an open door policy here.









This means that our front door is always flying open and a neighbor kid or two (or five) is always walking thru it.





Megan, Tyler and Brendan.




We are what I refer to as the "Kool-Aid" house. If you are a child of the 70's/80's like myself then you will remember those commercials with the mom serving Kool-Aid to all of the neighborhood kids that congregate at her house.
Hopefully, no large creepy things will be crashing thru my wall!!




You won't find any Kool-Aid here but you will find these.




These are the biggest marshmallows I've ever seen!! I found them at the Christmas Tree Shop.
I told my niece when she slept over that I was going to put a pillow case over them so she could sleep on them. She thought that was the best idea ever!!




It's summertime and what goes better with marshmallows than these two goodies?















Super big marshmallows equal a super big mess!!
And SUPER BIG Deliciosity!!!!!!


Many blessings ~ Wendy

5 comments:

A Bite of Country Cupcakes said...

Sounds like my home....Minus the baby and the s'mores!

Sherrie said...

I bought those marshmallows for smores and was so excited to try them out. Big fail! We had the biggest mess ever. I thought they were equivalent to two marshmallows, but after roasting them it seemed more like four. :)

GardenOfDaisies said...

I loved kool-aid and smores! And your house sounds like it is filled with happiness and love!

Mary said...

I started reading your blog and couldn't stop! I think I've read all of your posts!
Your sister: I take it she's in remission?
Your father-in-law: Is he doing okay?
My, you certainly have a lot going on! I'm now following you!

Audrey said...

Now that our boys are 20 and 18 the house is quieter. Helps that the oldest is only home once a month :)
I don't mind the quite at all. Now I have a craving for Smore's though!