7.11.2011

The Second Leg of Our Adventure . . .

Our second day in Connecticut, we visited Mystic Seaport and had a wonderful time. It was the perfect day weather-wise and I was in my glory taking lots of photos!!

Meggie dipping her toes in the water.

Mystic Seaport gives you a real feel for what it was like to live in a tiny seaside village many, many years ago.

One of my favorite little houses was the one pictured above. It is a replica of what a colonial home looked like. Below is the kitchen.


Here is the parlour where the family would spend lots of time together. The vintage wallpaper was so beautiful.

I couldn't resist taking a photo of these beautiful daisies peeking thru the weathered fence.

The gang.


Lots more photos tomorrow!!

Have a happy and peaceful Monday. Boy, did this weekend fly by or what?!!?


Many blessings ~ Wendy

2 comments:

Cat Nap Inn Primitives said...

love the photos..we lived in rotten Groten for 3 months back in 1986..and we got to tour mystic..very pretty..but didn't see what you showed me..I love it..thanks for sharing..and thanks for your kind words too..;)have a wonderful week ahead..:)

angie said...

Looks absolutely lovely there...I'll have to find my way down sometime.