9.20.2011

Around Here . . .

. . . we've been nursing Megan back to health after being in the emergency room with 105.4 fever yesterday morning. All tests were negative for anything serious so we're treating it as something viral. Doing the Tylenor/Motrin, lots of liquids and baths thing. I don't know about you but fevers scare the heck out of me and 105 was the worst fever any of my kids has ever had. She had quite a morning yesterday but was such a good girl. We follow up with the pediatrician later today.

. . . I had all of my chickens home to roost this weekend. You don't realize how much you miss somebody until you get to hug them again. Even when they're only an hour and a half away at school.

Connor and Megan the day he moved into his college dorm.


. . . we've been watching the approximately twenty hydrangea bushes that line our property grow into the visions of loveliness that they've grown into every year . We cut them back a little late this year and I wasn't sure if they'd grow or not but, thankfully, they did and should be at their peak in a couple of weeks. I love to give them away to people so please feel free to ask if you live near by. I have so many, I don't know what to do with them all!! Such problems, I know!! : )



. . . we've made arrangements for our favorite little man from the Bronx to come and visit us over Columbus weekend!! The kids have off from school on that Monday so we thought we'd take advantage of it and spend some time with Jakhai who was the boy we sponsored as part of the Fresh Air Fund over the summer. We miss him so much and can't wait to see him again!!

This is Brendan and Jakhai right before he left to go home. I didn't handle saying goodbye very well. : ( Jakhai always says, "Later" instead of goodbye. His mom told me it's because he thinks goodbyes are forever so he doesn't like to say it. He is such an old soul and I know that he'll be a part of our family for many, many years to come!! : )

What's happening in your neck of the woods?


Many blessings for a wonderful and peaceful day ~ Wendy

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Oh, Wendy!! I love the picture of Megan and her brother. It is too sweet.
And the hydrangeas!!!!!!! Never a problem to have so many!!!
xo
lynn