9.08.2011

New Beginnings . . .

Summer is officially over around here and, with that, I'm starting on my much-needed new life of living in a more organized and structured way. I'm not making any promises and I'm going to be gentle with myself if I resort back to my old ways. I am the eternal "fly by the seat of my pants" kinda girl but I feel like it's not working for me as well as it used to.



Years ago, when I was actively participating in a 12-step program, I was introduced to some literature that referred to "living a life of sane and happy usefulness" and that has always stuck in my mind. Lately, I have found the more organized I am the more sane I feel and that, in turn, gives me a feeling of happy usefulness. A feeling like I'm in control of my life instead of the other way around. I'm not a big fan of the word "control" HOWEVER another 12-step "programism" (as I like to refer to them as) taught me to "take what I want and leave the rest."



I'm off to begin my life of sane and happy usefulness!! Wish me luck 'cause God knows I'm gonna need it!!!! : )


Many blessings ~ Wendy

2 comments:

Red Boots said...

Good luck! I am trying to keep my life and my house more organised. Today i've been decluttering - it always feels so so good and therapeutic.

Ronnie said...

Hi Wendy,
Sorry I haven't visited in a while. Being organised and structured really does help one to stay sane amidst life's chaos/busyness. Hope you can keep it up!
Ronnie xo