1.19.2012

On My Mind . . .

My mother and Megan on Christmas day.


I woke up at 3:00 this morning to use the loo ~ just one of the side effects of getting older and having four babies lay on my bladder over the years. My mind went to my mother who is faced with a major surgery very soon. She has severe spine and neck problems and is in constant pain. If she doesn't have the surgery, she could be faced with being in a wheelchair the rest of her life. She's only in her mid 60's so hopefully she has a lot of life ahead of her. She's going to need months of recovery and rehabilitation. She lives by herself with her two wonderful dogs. My stepfather passed away almost ten years ago and she's lived alone ever since. My sister is less than ten minutes away from her and my other sister and I are about 35 minutes from her so we'll be going back and forth a lot. My sister that lives near her is going to take her dogs to live at her house until my mother feels well enough to have them.

She should have a date set for the surgery some time soon.

I wish I could wave a magic wand and make her better. : (


Many blessings for a beautiful Thursday ~ Wendy

No comments: