7.25.2012

this morning . . .

I drove around our local state park this morning in search of a heart ~ today's prompt for my "photo a day" challenge.  The new prompts for the month of August have just been posted and I'm pretty excited about them!!  I'm not very good at sticking with routines but I've been having so much fun every day with this challenge that it hasn't even crossed my mind NOT to do each day's challenge.  : )  So back to my looking for a heart story . . .



I was planning to drive to the beautiful little cemetery that is located inside the park to take a photo of one of the headstones that has a heart on it.  I love to take photos in cemeteries probably more than almost any place else.  Don't know why.  I just do.  As I got closer, I noticed a funeral procession making the turn into the cemetery so I knew it was not to be.  I said a prayer and kept driving.

Not far past the cemetery is a pond that is separate from the large lake in the park.  Today it was covered with so much algae.  A definite feast for the wildlife that lives in and around it but I honestly didn't know how these little babies were even able to swim thru it.

It was thick as pea soup!!  They didn't seem to mind though!!

A turtle on a log. 

Geese flying overhead.

Somebody lost their shoe.  : (


 I was a little disappointed that I didn't get to capture the cemetery photo.  However, I am a very strong believer in things happening for a reason.  When I got home, I took out my Spirit Guide deck of cards and pulled my morning ritual of three.  Wouldn't you know it . . .  two out of the three cards had hearts on them.  : )

Many blessings for a Wednesday filled with love ~ Wendy


No comments: