9.20.2012

I am "Enough" . . .

Photo by me.

 
Enough by David Whyte
Enough. These few words are enough.
If not these words, this breath.
If not this breath, this sitting here.
This opening to the life
We have refused
Again and again
Until now.
Until now.

 I found these words on Meghan Davidson's wonderful blog.  I follow several blogs on a regular basis and many occasionally.  I do enjoy the blogs that feature all the rainbows and sunshine of the blogger's daily life but I much prefer the ones that talk about the good, the bad and the ugly.   There are times when I need to know I'm not the only person going through a rough patch. 

I've been feeling so disconnected lately.  Disconnected from the happy person that I normally am.  There are several reasons why this is.  Some are internal and some are external but all are valid.  As women, we tend to be so hard on ourselves and put ourselves last.   I think that is just our nature.  Years ago I was in a 12-step program.  It's said that you can leave a 12-step program but it never leaves you.  This is the God's honest truth.  When I feel the disconnect like I've been feeling lately I reach for literature that I purchased while in Program and it grounds me every time.   I'm working on getting out of my own way and "living in the solution, not the problem."  One day at a time.  : )


Many blessings for a day filled with feeling like you are Enough ~ Wendy


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I prefer the good, bad, and ugly too. I just found your blog via Pinterest - was browsing your beautiful Autumn Splendor board. Happy October! And here's to new connections that are born in our seasons of disconnect! ~ Rebekah Grace