1.09.2013

The Power of Just One Word . . .

This last year, I had the good fortune of finding several bloggers that I've really connected with on a woman-to-woman level as well as on a mom-to-mom level and a Spiritual level.  When I first discovered "blog land" a few years ago, I was drawn more to the blogs that were about making things look better.  There are lots of how-to blogs with lots of beautiful how-to photos. I still enjoy reading some of them but this last year I found myself feeling a little empty and even a little bit inadequate about how I live my life after I read them and that kind of defeats the purpose of reading them for me.  My house looks lived in and I wouldn't attempt to eat off of my floors.  I don't home school my kids.  I think it's great if that's your thing but it's not mine.  I don't redecorate my house every chance I get and I like to keep things real.  I love to blog about the nice things that happen in my life because those are the things I want to remember when I read my blog posts ten years from now but some bloggers just take it a bit too far and set the bar way too high for us mere blogging mortals.

One of the blogs that I discovered this past year is Liz Lamoreux's .  She is an artist, an author, a mother to a daughter the same age as mine, a teacher, a woman and a Spiritual being and I really connect with her every time I read one of her posts.  I purchased one of her necklaces from her Etsy shop a couple of months ago and I wear it almost every day.

My necklace.  "Trust this Moment."

Right before New Year's Day, Liz wrote about how she was going to be choosing one word to use as her mantra for the coming year.  I thought about this for a while and I've come up with the word "RELEASE" as my word for 2013.  This is my year to RELEASE all that holds me back from being the best person I can be.  My year to RELEASE clutter in my home as well as negative thought patterns that I've carried since childhood.  It's not too late to think of your word for this year so why don't you give it a go.  Heck, you can even share mine if you'd like.  I'm sure there are lots of people looking to get rid of a little clutter this new year!!  : )


Many blessings for a wonderful Wednesday ~ Wendy






No comments: