9.27.2013

Ladies and Gentlemen and Children of All Ages . . .

I've seriously been neglecting my blog these last few weeks.  We've been working on getting used to new school year routines and I've been working on getting used to being in the work force again after almost twenty one years (give or take a couple of years in between).  This summer, I started a job working for American Greetings.  I felt like it was time and we definitely could always use the money.  It's just part time and I can pretty much make my own hours.  I really enjoy it and am so happy I found something that truly fits my schedule.  The days I bring Meg to the babysitter are the days that I go in to work. It's been about three months now and I'm starting to get the hang of what I'm supposed to be doing.  Starting something new can sometimes take me a bit out of my comfort zone but I'm very pleased with how things are going and I thank the Universe for this opportunity that was so quickly sent my way as soon as I made up my mind to go back to work.


In the mean time, we've been filling our days with end of summer fun and friends and last weekend we attended the New York branch Shriner's Circus.  Lots of good old fashioned fun!! 



If you've never heard of Shriners International you can read about them here .  They supply free medical services for burns, orthopedics, etc. to children in need.  Such an incredible cause!!
Meggie rode a horse for the first time.  She wasn't too sure about it at first but then, once she realized daddy had a tight grip on her, she liked it.
Her friend, Cybele, on the other hand, loved every minute of it!!!!
Next came the giant slide.  I think my son's face speaks for itself as to how much fun this was!!
And here's fearless Cybele in action!!!!!
Brendan's friend, Liam.
The world-famous Shriner Clowns!!! 
A fun day was had by all!!  : )


Many blessings for a beautiful Friday and a happy weekend ~ Wendy

No comments: