4.23.2014

A Walk in Gethsemane Cemetery . . .




Yesterday,  I took a walk in our local little cemetery that's located in Rockland Lake State Park.  It is so peaceful there and it was such a beautiful day.  It's just so nice to be outside with the sun shining down upon you after being in the house so much this winter.  I know that soon it will be very warm and I will be trying my best to avoid the sun but, for now, I'm enjoying it. 






The trees have really taken a beating these last few years.  Hurricane Sandy took so many of them down and then this winter did a number on them as well.



A lot of the wooded areas look like such jumbled messes.  These toppled trees are located just above where the cemetery is.  I like to drive up there to look for deer.  A mama and her yearling were there enjoying some grass.  Sometimes they'll be a whole group of them and if you have food for them they will come right over to the car.  My son had one eat a McDonald's french fry right out of his hand!!



Little brat stuck his tongue out at me!!!  : )

 I also saw a few wild turkeys running around one of the golf courses.  They've really made a come back over the years.  It was a rare occurrence to see them even as little as five years ago. 

We are so blessed to live in such a beautiful part of New York state.  It definitely makes for great photo taking!!!  : )


Many blessings for a wonderful day ~ Wendy




2 comments:

mamasmercantile said...

You certainly are blessed what a beautiful place to live. Shame about the damage to all those beautiful trees. Have a good week.

sage and spirit said...

The deer are adorable! Such gentle creatures. What a great place for a walk. I also love old cemeteries. They are so peaceful. xx