10.12.2014

Sunday Sayings . . .

It's been quite a couple of weeks around here with both of our cars having problems, a little girl with a very bad cold and both of our dogs getting sprayed by the neighborhood skunk.  They're clean and shiny once again but a slight odor of skunk still lingers in the house.   My friend's dog was skunked recently and she said it took close to three weeks for the smell to be completely gone from her house.  It's always something, isn't it?!!?

A few photos I've taken recently.



On a brighter note, our oldest son is home from college for a few days which means all of my chickens are home to roost.  I know this will be a thing of the past in a couple of years so I truly cherish these moments while I have them. Granted, I've only seen him for an hour here and a half hour there but I'll take it.  I remember being 21 like it was yesterday.  My friends and my boyfriend took total preference over anything else and since he happens to have wonderful friends and a very sweet girlfriend I don't mind so much.  I hope to keep him home for an early dinner before he leaves to watch the Giants play football tonight at 8:00.  I'm bribing him with his favorite . . .  my (not so) famous chicken dumpling soup.  : )

And . . .


we finally get to bring home the little orange sleepy head in the photo!!  We had to wait until he was old enough to have his first shots and is also fully weaned from his Mama.  I took all of the kittens and their beautiful mother to the shelter on Thursday for their shots (I volunteer at an annex of the shelter a couple of days a week) so now he's ready to go.  I'm hoping it's going to be a smooth transition for our other two cats and two dogs.  We've already decided Finnigan is going to sleep in the boys' room for at least the first week until everyone is settled in.  I haven't had a kitten in something like 15 years because our current cats came to us as adults and the cats before them were in their teens when they passed away.  It's all very exciting!!!!  : )

Now for a Sunday Saying . . .

absolutely.

Absolutely!!!  : )


Many blessings for a beautiful Sunday and a wonderful week ahead ~ Wendy


3 comments:

sage and spirit said...

I love that photo of the road covered with leaves. Love it. Fall is such a short and beautiful season.
So glad to hear your son is home and you're able to have some family time together.
Not so glad to hear about the dog/skunk encounter. I've been there too, and i remember using vinegar and Dawn dishsoap to wash the dog.....ten times.
And Finnegan....adorable!
Have a great weekend! xoxo

mamasmercantile said...

Beautiful Autumn pictures, very pretty and adorable little cat. Nice to hear your son is getting on alright at college and you are getting to see him even if it is only snatched moments.

Elizabeth said...

Such beautiful evocations of fall!
How lovely to have all the family at home - blissYes, I quite understand young people wanting to hand out with their friends - but nice to have the security of family to fall back on!
We have been away and have not followed many blogs.
Happy fall!
I'm off to buy a pumpkin today.