5.30.2015

Party Time with a Side Order of Letting Go . . .

It's finally here!!  The day of Meggie's big birthday celebration with her classmates!!!  Hurray!!!  Although we're now going to have to find something else to threaten taking away from her.  LOL!!  We have approximately 20 five year olds headed this way at noon.

Drawing in the window.

The bouncy castle is ready.  The goodie bags are ready.  The cupcakes are baked.  Just need to be frosted.  The outfit she wants to wear today is spinning in the dryer.  I've had a burst of energy this week and have been up until almost 1 am every night.  So unlike me!!!  I'm going with it though.  I get more accomplished at the end of the day then I do in the morning.  This is something that I've always struggled with accepting about me. 


So many of my friends are up and out running errands and getting things done in the morning.  Except for rare occasions, that's not me.  I've been setting my intention for either accepting things about myself that I don't necessarily like or changing those things that I don't necessarily like.  I've thrown in the towel and accepted this about me.  Not fully yet but moving in the right direction and that's good enough for me right now.  : )


There have been lots of thoughts and ideas floating around in my mind lately.  More than usual.  The art of letting go is something that usually comes pretty easily for me but lately it hasn't been.  Our move has been a very large question mark in my mind.  Our house is still not on the market.  The market in Cornwall-on-Hudson really doesn't have anything conducive to our wants/needs.  The house that I fell in love with that was pretty much my dream house is now officially sold.  I knew it was going into contract but in the back of my mind I still had a little glimmer of hope.  In my heart, I know that everything is falling into place for the perfect house for us and for our current home to be the perfect house for the next family that lives here.  : )


I just noticed she has marker on her nose!!  : )


https://www.facebook.com/michaelbaisdenlive/photos/a.484907102818.265954.129930197818/10153151187112819/?type=1

Many blessings for a beautiful weekend ~ Wendy


3 comments:

mamasmercantile said...

Wonderful quote and so true. What will be will be, when the time is right your move will happen and you will get all that you wish for. Hope the party goes well and you all have a wonderful weekend.

sage and spirit said...

Wish I could give you a big hug and tell you everything is going to work out, both with the house and the 20 (!!) five-year-olds headed your way. (I think the horde of five-year-olds would scare me more!)
Your new house will appear, and it will have been worth the wait.
Have a happy weekend and I hope that gorgeous little girl has a wonderful party!
xx

Shel said...

The waiting is the hardest part, isn't it?! Many hugs to you as you wait for the house to go on the market and your next home to make itself known to you! I cannot wait to hear the good word! xo