11.19.2015

Saying Goodbye to the Little Cottage in the Woods . . .

Last Tuesday, we packed up my mom and her two dogs and all of their belongings and moved them three miles down the road to join us in our new home.  If you've been reading my blog for the last couple of years then you know just how much I loved that little cottage she lived in and, maybe even just a little bit more, I loved where it was located.




It may not have been the prettiest thing to look at from the outside due to years of wear and tear and lack of care by the landlord but, with its fireplace and lace curtains in the windows, it still had such a sense of charm.





 I'll definitely miss taking photos there.  The first photo that I ever sold was taken on the property there . . .


 a fawn that was born two years ago.







Before we said goodbye, I cut a whole bunch of bittersweet off of the bush in the front yard.  I can't wait to see how it looks on my mantel!!!  I may have to make some midnight bittersweet cutting runs up there next fall. 


 I'm not kidding!!!!!!  : )



 Happy Thursday my friends ~ Wendy

4 comments:

mamasmercantile said...

Bitter-sweet moment, but you will always have your memories. Take care.

Junkchiccottage said...

Such sweet memories to hold on to. Have a wonderful week end.
Kris

sage and spirit said...

The light in your photos is gorgeous! No wonder you were drawn to the woods and fields around your mom's cottage. But three miles is not far, and there's always the midnight bittersweet runs to look forward to!!

(Glenn? Glenn?)

Looking forward to the weekend, and I know you must be doing the same!
xx

elizabeth said...

How well you capture this beautiful spot!
I always look forward to your photos.
Lots of love.