1.28.2016

Not Quite Ready . . .

I've been busy working in my Etsy shops.  One of my goals for this year is to build up my businesses.  While packing up for our move, I uncovered boxes and bins of things that had been packed away for years.  Things that I've collected with the hope of having a little shop someday.  I still would like to do that but I don't think this is the best economy for that at this point in time.  So, for now, I'm having lots of fun listing in my Etsy shops and oohing and aahing as I uncover more goodies. 



I recently uncovered these gorgeous vintage paper hydrangeas.  There is nothing like vintage millinery.  Can you still call it millinery if it's made of paper?  Not sure about that one. 


I also found these absolutely gorgeous vintage paper roses.  I'm so tempted to keep these!!



Without really thinking about it, I've been taking a lot of photos of flowers lately.  The photo above is actually a print that I saw in Target the other day.  I think it would have to be handmade.  I was trying to think of a place to put it in our new house but couldn't come up with one.  Maybe when we give Meggie's room a makeover.  Not sure if it would go with a purple "Frozen" themed room though!!  : )


I also fell in love with these mini-bouquets in our local farmer's market recently.  You get the prettiest little bunch of flowers for $15.00.  The perfect hint of spring!! 



The weather here has been pretty mild, especially for January in New York.  It's a little chilly today.  The snow in our yard has mostly melted.  I told my husband yesterday that it felt more like late March then late January.  I know spring is just around the corner once we make it thru February.  I'm not quite ready for it yet though and, honestly, I'm hoping for some more snow.  I love hibernating, sitting in front of our fireplace, making soup in my new extra large soup pot that my honey gifted me for Christmas (practical gifts this year!!) and spending time with my family when I'm lucky enough to have them all home at once.  Don't get me wrong.  I LOVE my alone time.  Always have and always will.  But as time marches on, I truly see just how precious these times are and I'm so very thankful to have them and not quite ready to give them up just yet.


Many blessings ~ Wendy



3 comments:

Shel said...

It definitely feels like late March rather than late January! I'm really not ready for spring to be here yet either as it feels like we've barely had winter! Here's to hoping that a good snowstorm will make its way to us soon! xo

sage and spirit said...

What a wonderful dream....to have your own shop! I can just see you, surrounded by the things you've collected, all set up in a cute little shop!

And the weather....you sure didn't have much of a winter so far. Our temps are in the mid 50's today, so I guess I could say the same.
Have a great weekend and enjoy the weather!
xx

mamasmercantile said...

What a wonderful dream to have a little shop and be surrounded by all things beautiful. Don't give up it will happen one day...