7.03.2016

Sunday Sayings and a Griswold Christmas . . .



This week, one of our neighbors stopped by to see how we are doing.  She had heard that we had a rough time at the recent Planning Board meeting.  She was wonderful.  She wanted to make sure we know there are neighbors on our side who are very upset with how other neighbors are treating us.  We got the "inside scoop" of some of their different personalities.  We live on a semi-private road that has many older people that are original to this town.  They are used to having things a certain way on our street and we moved in and shook that up a little bit.  Not sure how but apparently we did.  When she told us some neighbors had a problem with the blow up Santa we put on our front lawn at Christmas time everything changed for me.  I started to laugh and COMPLETELY realized the problem was THEM and NOT us.  Can you imagine???  Needless to say, we are going to make this Christmas a Griswold Christmas.  If you aren't familiar with what this is, it looks something like this . . .


Well maybe we won't go to that extreme but we're definitely going to do something like this . . .




Now this would be perfect!!!  If anybody knows where I can find this, please let me know!!!  Haha!!!  Whatever we decide, you can be sure I'll be posting photos in December so stay tuned my friends!!!  : )


I'm signing off for a couple of weeks while we're away on our road trip.  We'll be heading to Maryland and North Carolina to visit some friends and spend some time at the beach.  Next we'll be heading to Georgia for a few days to do our own version of a The Walking Dead tour.  Those of you that follow my blog know that we are huge fans of that show and we're so excited at the thought of being where it's filmed!!  The final leg of our trip will be Tennessee where we'll be staying with my in-laws for a few days and visiting Dollywood.  I've heard Tennessee is a beautiful state and I'm looking forward to seeing where my husband grew up and meeting some of his family.

Happy and safe July 4th and God bless America!!!


~ Wendy


5 comments:

mamasmercantile said...

Now that did make me smile. Have a great trip.

Anonymous said...

Flamingoes are crazy, what an awesome idea :D
Have a lovely trip!

sage and spirit said...

Love that list.

But seriously, neighbors that get upset over a blow up SANTA?! Wait till they the flamingos pulling the sleigh!

Safe travels and watch out for walkers!
xx

sage and spirit said...

How do I find you on Instagram?

Shel said...

I am so sorry that some of your new neighbors have been so difficult! That is just awful!

I will keep an eye out for those flamingos! I feel like they'd be an Oriental Trading item!

Have a wonderful trip and I hope you have had a lovely 4th! xo