8.14.2017

Memories of Summers Past . . .

A summertime lollipop sticky face. 

Baby woodpecker.

These two brothers from another mother.

Cousins.
 
Heart-shaped hydrangea.

Hiking at Bear Mountain.

Baby.

Baby and mama.

Rockin' her 'kini!!

Sunflower in Cold Spring, NY

Our boy Brady.

Megan and Brendan.

Her happy place.

Mr. Bigglesworth.



Fun with friends.

Waiting for the parade to start.

Riding the Cape May ferry.

Daddy's girl.

On the beach in North Carolina.

A special bond.

Digging in the sand.

Senoia, GA.

Pure joy!!


Us.  💕

It's nice to look back on the little moments that may have been forgotten if they hadn't been captured thru my lens.  Sadly, my two older sons don't like to have their picture taken.  Grrr!!

Summer camp is over for Megan so we'll be looking for things to do to keep her busy until school starts at the beginning of September.  I haven't gone school supply shopping yet.  I think I'm in denial that it's only a few weeks away!!  I'm ready for some routine I think.  I'm usually a "fly by the seat of my pants" kinda gal but as I get older I feel like I need more structure.  I'm also ready for some purging of "stuff" that is no longer used and/or no longer loved.  I feel these urges a couple of times a year and it usually happens at the beginning of fall and the beginning of spring.  I have bags that are around the house that I'll fill with things that I want to get rid of as I come across them.  The next step is putting them in the back of the car and then dropping them off at our local thrift store that benefits homeless animals.  It's always such a good feeling when I drive away from there knowing that I've not only cleared out some things that will be used by people who will appreciate them but also helped some fur babies in the process.  Speaking of which . . .

I've been asked, once again, to take photos for the "Clear the Shelters" event that happens this coming Saturday at our local Rockland County animal shelter.  It is one of my absolute favorite events to photograph!!  Shelters around the country waive adoption feels so that people that may not be able to afford them at the moment can go to a participating shelter and bring a new member of the family home for free.  For more info click here .  I'll share some photos of last year's event later.  : )


Have a great week everybody!!


~ Wendy  xo




6 comments:

Mylittlepieceofengland said...

What beautiful photos, happy children and wonderful nature, what more could one ask for xx

Stacey said...

You've captured such beautiful images of summer and kids!

I think it's wonderful that you are taking pics at the shelter. That's really an important part of adoptions.

Sheila said...

Lovely summer memories Wendy.
I can't believe that back to school will happen in a couple of weeks or so.
Ruby has a week with us next week and then a week out and about with her Mummy and sister and that will be the summer holidays over for this year :(

Clear the Shelters....wow that made my heart leap a little bit.
What a wonderful thing.
Hugs-x-

Karen @ Beatrice Euphemie said...

Wonderful summer memories! Love those sweet, happy faces! Summer goes by so fast and it's so important to cherish each day. Lovely of you to help the shelter, too. xx Karen

sage and spirit said...

Great memories! Aren't you glad you're the family photographer?

And I am like you....I go on clearing out and decluttering binges every so often. It always feels good to do that.
Looking forward to the next set of "shelter shots" too!
xx

UplayOnline said...

That's really an important part of adoptions.


หีฟิต