4.05.2008

A Shoeless God . . .

Yesterday was one of those days when you're having a pretty good day and checking things off of the To Do List and then one phone call changes everything and puts your life in limbo indefinitely. I can't go into any specifics other then to say that we have to play the waiting game the next week and will know more on Friday. Friday - my father's birthday and what would've been my 16 year wedding anniversary. Oh how life can change on a dime. Sometimes, when things are going along well for a while, I can't help but wonder when the other shoe is going to drop. I guess that comes with losing your stepfather, husband and father in three years. I learned in a 12 Step Program years ago that God doesn't wear shoes. But I've also learned that tragedy doesn't just happen to "other" people. It happens right in your own backyard. My strong faith in a shoeless God is what carries me thru tragedy and limbo. I could cry a river right now but choose to trust and allow. One Day at a Time we will all make it thru to Friday and then exhale. What comes after that is still to be determined. Until then, I will trust and allow and believe that my shoeless God knows what He's doing.

Many blessings ~ Wendy

No comments: