4.10.2008

Thank You . . .

I'm sitting here, trying to come up with something to write about but nothing is really jumping out at me. It was such a nice day today. I want so much to be able to celebrate the beginning of spring but my mind has been so pre-occupied this week. It is not my nature to be sad or worrisome. I was a huge worrier when I was a kid and went to the doctor a couple of times for a chronic stomach ache. Somewhere in my late 20's and early 30's I learned that worrying is so incredibly useless. It doesn't change a damn thing and keeps you up at nite. I can honestly say that worrying is so very rarely a part of my life anymore that I can't even remember the last time I felt that feeling in my stomach. That horrible feeling that you get. That knot. I'm getting tense just thinking about it. My strong faith is what keeps me from worrying. A friend of mine told me today that God needs to leave my family alone and stop making bad things happen to us. I told her that I don't see it that way. I love the Footprints in the Sand saying. "Where were you when I needed you the most. There is only one set of footprints." "I was carrying you." That is something that I truly believe. My friend said that I was more forgiving than she is. I guess I'm just too tired to swim against the current anymore. Life is filled with so many magical moments and such synchronicity. People just don't take the time to notice it usually. And they don't take the time to say "thank you" either. I once read a wonderful quote. "If the only prayer you ever say is thank You then that is all you need." Or something to that effect. I love that quote. For this beautiful spring day, I say thank You. For the many incredible blessings in my life, I say thank You. For my friends and family, I say thank You. Tomorrow is a big day. I'm going to sleep now. I pray that this time tomorrow I will have lots more things to be thankful for.

Many blessings ~ Wendy

No comments: