4.12.2008

Do-Overs Not Permitted

Yesterday was quite a day and I'm happy to say that, after a good nite's sleep, I am feeling much better. I couldn't stop crying last nite. I was mentally exhausted. When that happens to me, the only thing I want to do is crawl into my bed and hear nothing but silence. My fiancee, Jim, told me he was glad to see me smiling this morning. He thought my funk was going to last for at least a couple of days and he was bracing himself for it. One of the things that makes Jim and I so compatable is that we are both pretty even tempered. So when one of us is off, the other sort of follows unintentionally. It's almost like we get pissy with each other for being in a not so good mood. My sister is doing as well as can be expected and is still trying to wrap her brain around her diagnosis. A lot of things will be put into motion this coming week. I honestly have a very good feeling about all of this. It's just a speed bump in her life. She has to get thru this and then her life will go on the way it's supposed to. Right now, things are being tossed at her from every direction. Her head is spinning and her feet aren't even touching the ground. She'll come back down eventually and that's when her real strength will shine thru. She's a tough cookie. In spite of all that this family has been thru, we keep plugging along. We get knocked down again every so often but have this incredible ability to get up, brush ourselves off and get back into this game of life. There are no other options. This is not a dress rehearsal. We don't get any do-overs. Well . . . at least not in this lifetime. But I'll save that for another blog entry.

Many blessings ~ Wendy

No comments: