5.13.2008

Wedding Day Part Deux

I just realized that I had titled my last blog as a part 1 but now it's been so long since I typed that that I think I want to go on to something new. In a nut shell, my wedding was wonderful and fun and full of love and joy. It was exactly how I pictured it to be. I would've liked to have been able to invite some more friends but, other than that, I wouldn't have changed a thing. The pictures are starting to roll in and I have some great ones of our three boys. They were wearing suits that look kind of like tuxedos and have light green vests and ties and they looked so incredibly handsome. Connor walked me into the room and Trevor and Brendan each had a ring in their pocket. I swear Brendan took on the spirit of Frank Sinatra in that suit. When they went for their final fitting, Brendan told Jim that he looked "gangsta" and that he wanted to go and steal something. When Jim told me that, I didn't know whether to laugh or be very afraid. That kid is 6 going on 46!! All he needed was a cigarette and a martini and he would've been good to go!!

Jim and I danced to "At Last" by Etta James. My mother gave me a c.d. with that song on it and I played it over and over again in the car until I learned the words. That is one of the most beautiful songs ever recorded. It was actually the first time that he and I had ever slow danced together other then in the basement to the radio. We also danced to "This Will be an Everlasting Love" which is, of course, the eHarmony theme song. I know, I know ~ very corny but that's how we met so I thought it was cute. The little kids liked it and all danced too so it worked out okay. : ) And I have to talk about the cake!!!!! The cake was made by Wendy Cucci who is my friend Susan's sister. She went to culinary school and makes the most incredibly adorable baked things!! She only does it for people that she considers special to her so I feel honored that she made it for us. The cake was a very similar color to the boys' vests. It was a very pale green, three layers, with daisies all over it. Daisies are my most favorite flower and there was an abundance of them at the wedding. They were everywhere!! On the top of the cake was a topper that I found on eBay. Do you remember the "Love is . . ." people? There were books when I was a kid that were entitled "Love is . . ." and then there were naked characters that were supposed to be in love and would be drawn to show the different definitions of what love is. They are actually in comic strips still. Not around here but I've seen them in other newspapers. Anyway, the topper had a red haired girl and a dark haired boy and they were both naked but had a strategically placed bow and flowers so you couldn't see anything too risque. I fell in love with it the second I saw it!!! Wendy told Susan it was the cutest cake she had ever made. You're the best, Wendy!!!! Jim and I thank you from the bottom of our hearts!!!!

So what I thought was going to be an incredibly emotional day turned out to be full of happy emotions. I couldn't have asked for a more perfect day or a more wonderful husband. I am truly blessed and God is good to me. I am exactly where I'm supposed to be right now.

Many blessings ~ Wendy

P.S. I guess I had more to say about the wedding after all!! : )

No comments: