8.27.2008

As Summer Winds Down . . .


I've really been neglecting this blog, haven't I? I guess that I've just been so involved with living life lately that I haven't had time to write about it. Lots has been going on yet at the same time it's been very peaceful and flowing easily. The boys go back to school a week from today and, for the most part, I don't have that "OhmyGodIcan'twaitforthefirstdayofschooltobehere!!!!!!!" feeling that I normally have at this point in time. We have had a very nice summer. The pool has kept the boys occupied. Connor has spent lots of time with his friends and is now full swing into football practice. Trevor has also spent a lot of time with friends, had endless sleepovers, been hiking in the woods and doing all the things a 12 year old boy should be having fun doing in the summer. He is currently spending the week with his friend, Joe, in Point Pleasant swimming, fishing, biking and girl watching. What a nice way to end an already wonderful summer vacation. Brendan has learned to swim like a fish this summer. He has also become friends with the little girl that lives next door so he goes over there once in a while and has had several play dates with friends. He has also spent some time in Monroe with Jim when he goes up to work on the addition that he's been working on in order to sell his house. Brendan loves to watch Jim work and seems very interested in the electrical aspect of it. Perhaps a future electrician is in the making? When he's not watching Jim he's playing with his newest cousin, Andre, who is Jim's sister's gorgeous two year old son. He and Jim's sister and her significant other are renting Jim's house. Andre idolizes Brendan the same way my nephew Tristan idolizes Trevor. Andre doesn't have any other little cousins so I have a feeling that he and Brendan are going to be spending lots of time together as they get older.


So, as the summer comes to an end, I'm grateful for so many things. We had a wonderful family vacation. It was the first "official" family vacation since Jim and I got married. My sister is doing very well and is having surgery September 9th. She is going into this surgery strong both mentally and physically. She and my mother, brother in law and niece and nephew are finally settled into their new house for the most part. Things got a little nerve racking here and there but it all worked out in the end. The boys are all happy and healthy and ready to go back to school and Jim and I are very much enjoying our newlywed status. We are also rapidly approaching my most favorite time of the year ~ autumn!!!!!!!!!! There are no words to describe how much I love autumn and everything about it but I'll save that for another blog!! : )


Many blessings ~ Wendy

No comments: