9.27.2008

It's Been a Long Time . . .

Yes, I'm finally back. I am a procrastinator. It runs in the family. It is a horrible thing to be but that's what I am. They say admitting your problem is the first step towards recovery. I just don't think I'll ever recover from it. I'm certainly much better than I used to be but it rears its ugly head every once in a while. Yes, it's been a long time, but I'm finally back!!


I have a new computer since my last post. This is what has been causing me to procrastinate on jumping back into the blogging. I'm not sure if I will be able to add a picture and I've become so fond of adding pictures. I will have to just jump in and figure it out. I am a creature of habit and when my routine is disrupted I kick and stamp my feet in the form of procrastination. Sad but true. : )


First and foremost, I wanted to give everyone a "Stephanie Update." She is doing very well. Still tired from her surgery but doing very well. In case you didn't already know, the doctors were able to remove the rest of the cancer from her colon and from her liver. They removed the entire right lobe of her liver and a lot of the left. They left enough to put a port in so the chemo will be able to go directly into the liver once she resumes treatments. This should start again in a couple of weeks or sooner. As of now, the plan is to resume treatments (chemo to her colon and liver) for about 6 to 8 more months and have tests done every three months or so to see how she's doing. That was the plan when she first had her surgery. I will be sure to give updates as I hear them. Please continue the prayers. Cancer is a very tricky disease and you can't let your guard down for a moment. One day at a time.


The boys are back in school and doing well. My oldest, Connor, left early this morning for his football game in Beacon. I told him that I really didn't want to drive an hour and a half to sit in the rain. Does that make me a bad mother? I feel like one sometimes. I would never miss a home game or even a closer away game. Driving to Beacon so early on a yucky day just doesn't appeal to me. Trevor is away for the weekend doing manly things at his friend's campsite in upstate New York. They ride quads and fish and scratch their asses and spit and all of those other manly things that guys do. He has a blast and I'm glad he gets to have such a great weekend away. Brendan is playing Wii right now in the living room. He talks to himself when he plays and it's hysterical. He is my little old soul. I love to have talks with him because the things he comes out with are either extremely deep for a 6 year old or make me pee with laughter. He is so beyond his 6 years. The other day he told me that he can see people that are dead out of the corner of his eye but they disappear when he looks at them. I have never discussed that with him before so I know he is telling me the truth. I have that happen to me as well. I feel people standing behind me or next to me. It happens a lot when I'm on the computer. It started after John died and continues even now. I acknowledge when I think someone is with me. I've been told that the first person that pops into your head when you get that sense that someone is with you is the one that's there. It's a very thin veil between us and them.


So now I'm going to try to add a picture to this blog post. Wish me luck!!!!


Many blessings ~ Wendy

No comments: