10.14.2008

Yes, I'm Still Blogging !!! . . .


I haven't written in so long. I just haven't felt like I have had anything that exciting to write about. Today is one of those days where I could very easily go back to bed. I had a lot of sleep last nite. Jim and I were asleep before 10. I had a garage sale on Sunday and Monday. I was pooped from lugging boxes and bins and tables. The first time I've ever done one on Columbus weekend. Never again. I had very little traffic both days. More people came Monday than Sunday. I guess the Street Fair was more important than my garage sale!! I had some really wonderful things for sale that I've been collecting for years. It's my dream to have my own little shop so I've been rummaging and eBaying for years. Everything is sitting in bins in the garage and I decided that I didn't want to wait however long it takes for me to have my shop before I start selling any of it. With the economy the way it is people just aren't reaching into their pockets as much anymore. That's a good thing except when you're trying to have a garage sale. : ) So I sold some things, bagged up some for Goodwill and the other things went back into the bins. At least things are more organized now.

Jim wants to eventually turn the garage into a family room where we can send the kids. The running joke is that Connor won't get to enjoy the family room when it's finally done because he'll be in college. At the rate we're going, it might not be a joke anymore. It just might be true. I don't think that work is ever done on a house unless you have a brand new one, built to your specs. God knows, the housework is NEVER done. When I used to be a Country Peddler/At Home America representative I sold a sign that said "Cleaning your house when your children are growing is like shoveling snow when it's still snowing." Ain't that the truth!!!!

No comments: