12.21.2008

Happy Winter Solstice . . .


Today is the shortest day of the year. Today is secretly one of my most favorite days of the year. Add a bunch of snow to the fact that it's dark at 4:30 and we're pretty much snowed in here and that makes me as happy as a pig in . . . well you know what I'm trying to say. : )


During these last couple of days we have finally finished decorating the tree. I kept it very simple this year and have used lots of vintage ornaments that I've won on eBay over the years. Of course there are also the many ornaments made by the boys or given to the boys by family members. I love white lights on a tree but the boys like the colored ones so we have alternated each year. This year was supposed to be the year of the colored ones but being that we had to toss the colored ones out for not working and Rite Aid only had white ones left, I got my own way two years in a row. I'd be lying if I told you I don't enjoy getting my own way!! : )


During these last couple of days we've discovered that our new dog, Sparky, LOVES the snow. This is his first winter and his first time seeing and playing in the snow. He is hysterical to watch. I truly believe that he wants to go out 12 times a day just to play in it and, judging by the pee in the basement and on the boys' bedroom floor, all he is doing in the snow is playing. Little bastard. He's lucky he's cute.


So tomorrow starts the beginning of Christmas week. The boys have two days of school. Jim is off until a few days after Christmas. By the way, today is the second anniversary of he and I meeting each other in person for the first time. Tomorrow will be the second anniversary of our first official date and the first time we kissed. We actually got in trouble that nite. We had parked at Rockland Lake and were fogging up the windows when a police car pulled up along side of us. When Jim rolled down his window I think the officer got the surprise of his life when he saw he had busted two people of our maturity level (sounds much nicer than age) for making out. We then moved to the front of my house where we got busted by my son, Trevor, at 1 am. The look on Jim's face when he looked up and saw Trevor peeking into the car window was priceless!! Two short years later and we're married with three kids, two dogs and two cats. I knew the familiarity I felt when I looked into his eyes that day at the diner two years ago was something special. I'm learning everyday just how special it is.


Many blessings ~ Wendy

No comments: