4.02.2009

The Early Bird Really Does Catch the Worm . . .




Today I was able to do something that I'm not often able to do. I was showered and dressed and ready to go out the door before noon. Now that might not be such a big deal to many people but it certainly is for me. If there's a school activity that I am attending for the boys then I can handle it. If someone has asked me for a favor that entails getting out of the house before noon I can handle that too. Lately, though, I've been working a lot on my Etsy shops in the morning. So, lately, there has been a good excuse as to why it's noon and I'm just getting into the shower. Or so I like to tell myself. It's all a mental game as we all know!!

My incentive this morning was an ad I saw in the Classified section of our local paper for a sample sale that is being held a couple of miles away. I saw this add last year also. I had every intention of attending but never made it there. I was bound and determined to get there this year though. Well, let me tell you . . . I scored the Mother Load of supplies for my Etsy shops!!!! I told the much older, chain-smoking gentleman whose garage I was shopping in that he was fulfilling one of my fantasies. I was referring to the "purchasing shop supplies at 90 percent off" fantasy however the look he shot me led me to believe he thought it was a fantasy of another kind. I then assured him that I was a happily married woman and that I wasn't hitting on him. He made sure he told me he was a happily married man. Once we had that established I got down to some serious shopping. Can I tell you I felt like I was looting a Hallmark store!! You name it, he was selling it!! Gift bags, cards, tissue paper, Easter stuff, books, shipping supplies, gifts, games, etc., etc., etc. And I mean etc. !!! If he hadn't given me such a headache with all that smoking of the Merits I might still be there now!!

Thank you, Mr. Merit Man, for making one of my fantasies a reality. My husband takes care of the rest!! : )

Many blessings ~ Wendy

No comments: