8.16.2009

A Day Trip to Cape May . . .

When we first started vacationing in Cape May, New Jersey every summer I began the tradition of going alone to this wonderful antique shop that is outside of the center of all the other Cape May shops. I usually go the day that the boys go to the water park for a couple of hours and I usually go by myself. This year, my sister wanted to join me. She and I don't get to spend much time alone so it was nice to be able to do that together. She's not a big shopper, especially while on vacation. This year, due to the financial burden of carrying two mortgages (thankfully, that's finally done!!), I was on a very limited budget with my "play" money. I was still able to find some wonderful goodies for my Etsy shop. I will be listing them in the next couple of days. Here are some random pictures of my favorite treasures of the day.






I hadn't even made it into the shop and I was already oohing and aahing!















I like to imagine where this incredibly gorgeous gate came from.








Here are just a couple of the many styles of stained glass panels that were for sale.















The parking lot was in the background of this one so it was difficult to get a good shot. It was also a cloudy day so you can just imagine how much more gorgeous these would be on a sunny day!!
The mark that you see is actually seagull poop on the outside of the store window and not on the stained glass, thankfully!! : )
Tomorrow, I want to show you some of the vintage linens that I found. I wanted to take all of them home with me!!
Many blessings ~ Wendy

No comments: