8.24.2009

UGGHHHH . . .

I'm still very new to this wonderful world of blogging. I've had a blog for a couple of years now but never did anything fancy with it like adding pictures (other than ones at the top of the page that I found on google images) or any fancy templates. I follow many blogs on a regular basis and have always admired how pretty they all look. So I decided to step out of my box, which usually takes some time for me, and figure out for myself just how they all got that way.

At the beginning of the summer, when I participated in the Etsy Greetings Team 10/10/10 Challenge, I learned how to upload pictures and put them where I want to on my blog. I can't tell you how liberating that felt to me!! It opened up a whole new blogging world for me!! I still have a problem with text moving around when I add pictures and having to go back and fix all the spaces between everything but I'm working on that. Please feel free to leave a comment if you have any pointers for me!!!!!!! :)

The other day I was perusing some of my favorite blogs and I was checking out some of my favorite blogs' favorite blogs and I stumbled across a wonderful blog called The Background Fairy which can be found
here. If you get a chance to check it out I promise you won't be sorry you did. This wonderful lady has all sorts of gorgeous templates that you can add to your blog for FREE!! WOOHOO!! If it's free it's for me, Honey!!! I picked out a gorgeous new template and my blog looked so pretty. Then, I even added a counter that I found here that was free. That can be a little dangerous for me, truth be told, because I tend to get a little bit obsessive/compulsive, wanting to check the counter every twenty minutes or so to see if anyone has visited me. I'm sure some of you know exactly where I'm coming from with that one. : )

So yesterday, again, I was perusing blogs and blogs on those blogs and I came across this blog. I can't begin to tell you how thrilled I am to see that there is going to be a new magazine to help fill the very large void that was made when we lost so many of our favorites this last year. Who among us didn't salivate this time of the year when the autumn issue of Mary Engelbreit's Home Companion hit the newsstands? Eye candy at its finest!! So when I read about the new Flea Market Style coming I wanted to add the button on their blog to mine so I could share the good news. Well that's where all the trouble began. Thus the title of this entry.
I thought I'd try to venture where I had never ventured before and, because of this, not only was I not able to add the button to the proper place but I also deleted my beautiful template and my stats counter. When I went to the layout section of my blog I found that I had also deleted the "Edit" button for my HTML. I have looked everywhere on Google for help pages to get this back. To no avail. I was finally able to get my counter back due to a very wonderful person named Andy at the Site Meter site. I offered him the sun, moon and stars if he could help me with my other problems but, again, to no avail. For now, I guess I'll just have to be grateful that I can once again check my stats counter every twenty minutes. Thank you, Andy. You're the best!!

Here are some of the new items that I've recently listed in this Etsy shop .

I found these pretty little wire loop baskets right after Easter last year and fell in love with them. These would be wonderful for altering.


Don't you just love bees wax candles?!!? Here are two of them that I've wrapped with some vintage peach colored lace.


These gift tags are so much prettier in person!! There are twelve different images of Victorian Ladies frolicking on the beach. Some of them are quite risquee!! These would make great journaling tags, too.


I also had some time to list some new things in this Etsy shop, too.




I love retro and have been meaning to list these for so long.
I'm going to sign off for now. My #3 son and his friend were running around barefoot in the back yard and went a little too close to the hydrangea bushes and both got stung on their big toe. What are the odds of that?!!?
I hope everyone is having a very happy Monday!!
Many blessings ~ Wendy
P.S. I just realized that this blog entry comes in an array of colors!! I tried to fix it but wasn't able to and, at this point, I have to throw in the towel and learn from my mistakes for tomorrow!! Thanks for being patient with me!! XOXO

2 comments:

Connie said...

I'm thrilled for you, sugar, but I wish you had given me a "shout" before now. I could have helped you and I'm FREE!! LOL Now, go to my blog, look on the right side bar and click on about the 8th graphic is a blogging tutorial that I think you'll find most helpful, chickee! Goooo......now....... Ask away and I'm there to help......
xoxo,
Connie

Cindy said...

Wendy Kay Vee!!!!!!! Did I know you had a blog? No! You did not tell me did ya? Regardless, I love it! Now we can chat even more! OK, I so wish I had beaten someone to those Halloween pics....how stinkin cute are those? And to this day! I cannot add button's to my side-bar. I have to pay Heather to do it for me! LOL. And that's on Typepad. On the Paper Cowgirl blog (blogspot), ohmygosh! I can never get those pics in the right space. So, scooch over in that little boat honey and let me get beside ya! LOL. So, glad to find ya, I'll put ya in my reader!
hugs,
c
yapper