5.24.2012

More Snapshots of Chinatown . . .


The "shopportunities" in Chinatown are endless!!  If you're in the mood for food there are fresh seafood markets,  produce markets, bakeries and more EVERYWHERE.


 






I came home with two lbs. of cherries, a bunch of Chinese pears, some delicious mangos and, of course, a bag full of Chinese pastries that my family devoured within a day and a half.  FYI ~ Chinese spongecake is the spongiest cake I've EVER eaten!!!!!!!!!!
  
The group of boys I chaperoned are my son, Brendan, Isaac, Tyreke and Nick.  Too cute!!!



                                           



After taking in a few more sights, we all went to lunch and then said goodbye to the kids as they headed for the bus. 
 

Retail therapy time for the moms!!  I bought the pink one!!
 
 

These gorgeous antique teapots make me wish I was a tea drinker!!
Thanks so much for sharing my fun time in Chinatown with me.  I'm looking forward to going back again real soon.  This time without 45 children in tow!!  : )



 Many blessings for a happy Thursday ~ Wendy





2 comments:

JGH said...

I haven't been down there in ages - looks like a blast!

Kim Fernino said...

Love your pics Wendy! I actually had that turquoise tea set in the photo. Let's go for dim sum and bubble tea one of these days :)