10.25.2012

Wishing the Days Would Slow Down . . .

These fall days seem to pass by at double speed.  I live for this time of the year.  The beautiful foliage, the cooler days and crisp night time air and even the days getting shorter.  I'm a "nester."  I get that from my mother.


I think I spend more time outdoors now than at any other time of the year and, now that I've discovered a passion for photography, I have my camera with me wherever I go.  And, when I see a photo op like the one above, I make a mental note to find time to go back and capture it if I'm unable to when I first see it.  The photo above, for instance, is a bike/walking path in a town a few miles from my house.  When I first saw it, I had too many cars behind me to get a photo so I decided I'd try again the next time I was in the area.  The second time, there was construction and the road was closed.  Murphy's Law!!  Yesterday, the third attempt, was a charm.  It was so worth the wait to me.  This is definitely a favorite capture thus far.  I did some editing on it with BeFunky and am very pleased with how it came out.  I also just started a 7-week class on how to edit with Photoshop.


 I'm new to all of this but I've found something that I feel so passionate about and I haven't felt like this about something in a long time.  A friend of mine once told me that when women are finished "creating" babies they need another creative outlet.  I'm not good at drawing or painting.  I love to make handmade cards but don't have much time to do that with a two year old running around.  Now, when my two year old runs around, I can take photos of her!!


Many blessings for a beautiful Thursday ~ Wendy


No comments: