11.08.2012

A One/Two Punch . . .

 Yes, it's snow!!  We're in the midst of a Nor'Easter here in New York.  This storm is packed with high winds (I'm listening to them as I type this) and dumped a couple of inches of snow upon us.  Our power went out for a couple of minutes last night but came back on quickly, thankfully.  Normally, I wouldn't mind this weather.  It is November after all and I live in New York.  After the lack of snow last year other then the Halloween storm, I'm actually kind of looking forward to seeing snow.  This time around though, I can't help but think of all the victims of Hurricane Sandy that have no place to live. No heat. No electricity.  Every time I start to complain about something small, I catch myself and remember. 

Buddha in my garden.
Our little maple tree in the front yard.  This was planted by my first husband not long before he passed away and has a lot of special meaning to us.  I said countless prayers for this tree while Sandy was upon us and it survived with flying colors!!  : )

Footprints in the snow.

Someone needs to pass Mother Nature a bottle of Midol.  She has a serious case of PMS right now!!!  : )


Many blessings for a happy and healthy Thursday ~ Wendy

No comments: