2.19.2013

Some MORE Winter Favorites . . .

Megan actually slept thru the night last night until 6:00 this morning when she crawled into bed with us.  Since going into her own room a couple of months ago, her pattern is sleeping in her own bed until about 2 or 3 am (give or take) and then coming to sleep with us.  Usually it's a smooth transition. She just walks up the stairs to our room, taps her daddy who then lifts her up and gives her a sip of water that she always asks for and she falls back to sleep between us within seconds.  This morning was a little different.  All was going well until she wanted me to give her water and, while passing the water back to her mommy it fell.  All over my back.  I haven't jumped up that quickly in years!!  LOL!!  By the time I changed my clothes and grabbed a towel to put under me AND with every intention of going back to sleep, my husband was snoring loudly and my daughter had already cozied up to my pillow.  I knew going back to sleep just wasn't going to happen for me.  Oh well.

So here I am, actually blogging for my third day in a row, with my next installment of winter favorites.  Woohoo!!!  : )


Meg and Jim after a day of sleigh riding. 

A church steeple in Suffern, NY.

A winter moon taken from my dining room window.

This is probably my favorite photo of this winter.  On New Year's morning, while making breakfast, I saw something out of the corner of my eye land in a tree in our back yard.  I thought it was a turkey vulture because it was huge and there is a group of them that likes to hang around our neighborhood.  When he peeked his face around the tree, I couldn't believe my eyes. It was an American Eagle.  My camera happened to be on the kitchen counter so I opened the window and just started shooting away.  I took about twenty photos before he finally flew away.  What a way to start off the new year!!  And, if that wasn't wonderful enough, our "adopted son" Jakhai, from the Fresh Air Fund, was sitting at the table and got to see him, too!!  : )

Jim is off today and so are the kids so we're heading to Cornwall, NY to visit my mother and take her out to lunch.  Cornwall is one of my favorite places to visit.  We even talked about moving there for a while but have since decided to stay put.  Lots of country charm and lots of photo opps!! 




Many blessings for a happy Tuesday ~ Wendy



1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Goodness gracious (as we are fond of saying!) The first two are just photos of joy. Love them! and the last three? Amazing! ~ Paula