6.08.2013

Cruisin' 'round Manhattan . . .

My youngest son, Brendan, is about to graduate from elementary school in a couple of weeks.  His class has been blessed with a wonderful group of moms that have done a tremendous job with fundraising this year and, because of this, his class was able to take a cruise around Manhattan yesterday free of charge to the kids and a decent cost for any parents that wanted to join in the festivities.

Our boat.



I was more than a little nervous about going on the cruise due to fear of sea sickness (I get car sick when I'm in the backseat, air sick on take-offs and landings, can't go on any rides that spin and feel horrible if I'm on a boat that is rocking too much!!) but I put my trusty bracelets on that work on pressure points on the inside of your wrists and I'm happy to say I didn't have a single problem, thankfully.  : )

Can you tell Brendan was having a great time??!!??  : )
Brendan and a few of his friends.
Dancing to the "YMCA!!"
 After lunch and checking out the upper deck that gave you the most incredible views of Manhattan and the Statue of Liberty, the kids were back inside for some serious dancing and, let me tell you, some of those kids can really move!!!  LOL!!!

The Empire State Building.




I loved the reflection on the side of this building. 

This is the Brooklyn Bridge.  I didn't notice the worker until I edited this photo.  Can you spot him?? 

South Street Seaport.
 Needless to say, this cruise was a photographer's dream and I took full advantage of all of the incredible photo opps!!!  I'll share lots more photos the next time!!  : )


Many blessings for a wonderful and peaceful weekend ~ Wendy



No comments: