6.01.2013

New Friends . . .

 Megan had her first "official" play date last week.  Cybele and her beautiful Mama, Ophie, came for a visit.  Back when I was a kid (many moons ago!!), you knocked on someone's door or called them on the phone and invited them over.  Now, with everyone's busy schedule, you have to check your calendar/iphone/blackberry (do people still use those things??) to see what day is good.  Thankfully, Megan and I have found a wonderful new family that I can text and say "come on over!!" to.  And, not only do our daughters get along beautifully, I have a wonderful new friend too!!

Inspecting for bugs.

"Look!! There's one!!!!"

"Don't worry, Cybele!!  I'll get it with my rake!!!"
 If someone had told me that I'd be the mother of a toddler at the age of 46 I'd have laughed in their face.  But, as they say, "We plan and God laughs."  No truer words have ever been spoken.  Not only do I have a three year old but I have a daughter to boot.  I still stare at her constantly and just can't believe it.  I don't know if that will ever end.  : )  


After the bug inspection ended, it was time for some serious fun.  The girls discovered our dog Sparky's love of sand.  The giggles coming from the sandbox were out of control!! 

If you're reading this Honey (my husband), I'm sorry but it was soooo worth the sand coming out of the sandbox!! : )
Cybele at Megan's birthday party.
I posted this already but it's the only photo I have of the two girls looking up!!  : )

I believe that the Universe puts people into our lives for a reason and it's always exciting to me when I meet a new Kindred Spirit.  I'm so blessed to have such wisdom-filled, smart, strong and funny women that I call friends.  My wish is that Megan will always have this too.  : )


Many blessings for a beautiful Saturday ~ Wendy


No comments: