7.15.2013

Our Summer in Photos ~ Part 1 . . .


 It's been a whirlwind of activity around these parts since school ended!!  Brendan graduated from elementary school and will be off to middle school in September.  It's so hard to believe how quickly the time goes!!


Lots of happy faces after graduation!!
Mugging for the camera with his diploma.
When Hurricane Sandy came thru, Liberty Elementary School lost one of its beautiful trees in front of the building.  For their class gift to the school, the Class of 2013 donated and planted a pretty new tree in its place.
Cousins Brendan and Taylor.  In two years it will be Taylor's turn to graduate!!  


 And what's a graduation without a graduation party??


Meggie and Daddy joining in the fun.
 A couple of weeks ago, we attended my niece Annie's music recital.  She played the guitar and sang a duet with her instructor.  This was the first time I have heard her sing and she blew us all away with her beautiful voice!!! 




We've also been able to spend a little time on our boat, cruising up and down the Hudson River and taking a ride over to the Croton-on-Hudson beach.  This was actually the first time I've ever been there.  Our little boat looked like a toy compared to some of the others.  : )

Not our boat.

Not our boat.

Definitely not our boat.  : )

It didn't matter to me, though.  The sentimental value of our boat (it was my father's before he passed away and my husband restored it after it was left to rot in a field by my ex brother-in-law) far outweighs anything else and I wouldn't trade it for anything in the world. 

Swimming at Croton-on-Hudson beach.

Sing Sing State Prison.  In case you're wondering what it looked like.  : )

Hook Mountain.



One of the homes overlooking the Hudson.


It's nice to be back blogging again.  I was without a computer for a week.  It's back now and moving a lot faster and I'm a happy girl!!!  : )


Many blessings for a happy Monday ~ Wendy







No comments: