7.17.2013

Life Around Twin Ponds on a {mostly} Wordless Wednesday . . .

Our neighborhood is blessed with a wonderful little place to visit called "Twin Ponds."  I believe, at one point, it was one giant pond but then was split in half when a road cut it in two when new houses were being built.

Can you spot the blue heron??  He's a regular at the ponds and so amazing to watch.

Our resident swans expanded their family this year!!  They're very careful about getting too close to people so they hang out at the back of the pond.  Difficult to get a good photo with my lens but still beautiful nonetheless.
After flying over to the other pond, Mr. Heron found his lunch.  Not a great photo but you can see the fish in his mouth.
And he's off to dine without some annoying human taking photos of him!!  : )



There were several kids taking advantage of a beautiful day to fish.  I'm happy to say they got the hook out of his mouth and released him back into the water and we watched him swim away with a fish story to tell his family.  : )
This sweet little baby followed me from cat tail to cat tail and watched as I took photos.  I'm not sure what kind of a bird he is but it was love at first sight for me!!




 We feel so blessed to be able to live in such a beautiful area.  We toyed with the idea of moving last year but I'm so glad we changed our minds.  I'd miss this slice of heaven practically in our own backyard!!


Many blessings for a beautiful Wednesday ~ Wendy



No comments: