11.12.2013

the winds of change are a blowin' . . .

Yes, I caught my first glimpse of snow this morning here in New York.  I missed it the other day.  It seems I was the only one who didn't see it and I have to admit I was a little bummed.  The first snow of the season always reminds me of my first husband who passed away nine years ago this month.  When that first flurry came down, no matter what we were doing, whoever saw it first would call the other one and brag that they were the first to see snow for the season (there wasn't texting going on back then). A little glimpse of my former life.  Seems like a whole lifetime ago, indeed.



 It's been such a beautiful autumn.  The foliage has been magnificent!!!  I probably say this every year but I truly think this has been one of the most beautiful autumns I've ever seen. 





But the winds of change are a blowin' and I'm getting that nesting feeling.  I've been lighting candles more and using my crockpot more and wearing a sweater over my jammies in the morning more.  I've added quilts to the back of my couches and have started to think about the need to dig out snow boots and winter hats. 


I'm still trying to put off thinking about Christmas shopping.  I've been picking up things here and there but certainly nothing more than that.  I've promised myself to keep things simple this holiday season and not fall into that trap of wrapping gifts for 14 hours on Christmas Eve.  Life is too short and so is the holiday season.  I want to enjoy it and live in the moment.  Please feel free to join in if you'd like.  Any tips on how to simplify would be greatly appreciated!!  : )


Many blessings for a beautiful Tuesday ~ Wendy


No comments: