1.08.2014

Baby It's Cold Outside!!!!! . . .

We are in the midst of some crazy weather here in New York!!  Two days ago,  the temperature was close to 50 degrees and today we are in single digits with windchill factors below zero.  Our schools were placed on a two hour delay for opening yesterday.  We got the call the night before.  It's a rare occasion that a delay is decided upon the night before.  Needless to say, my two sons that were effected by the delay were literally dancing around the living room that night.  Ahh, life's simple pleasures!!!  : )



A flower box around the pool.
Frost on my storm door!!!
I haven't had much of a chance to take photos lately other then from my back or front windows.  Between all of the whirlwind of activities during Christmas break, catching up on work during a very busy time of year in the card industry (American Greetings), taking care of damage control around the house that comes with having four kids, two dogs, two cats and after-Christmas clean up and plain old everyday life, I haven't had much "me" time lately.  I'm the kind of person who needs to spend time in solitude every so often just to recharge my batteries and it's been next to impossible for that to happen for the last month.  I'm not complaining because that's just how life is sometimes.  I'll bet every person reading this right now is saying to themselves, "Boy, is she preachin' to the choir!!!"  LOL!!!  I have a birthday coming up this weekend and I think I'm going to use the spa package my incredibly wonderful husband gifted to me on Christmas.  We said we weren't going to exchange gifts this year but he surprised me with a bunch of gift certificates.  I felt kinda bad when all he got from me was a pair of slippers!!!  : )

Megan all dressed up for her first ballet recital a couple of weeks ago.

Can you spot the squirrel??  I had no idea what it was on the end of the branch until I looked at it thru my camera lens!!



It's back to the grind today.  So much to be grateful for and looking forward to what the day has to bring. Tomorrow, my brother in law has to go in for more surgery on his leg.  I can't tell you how sad I am that he has to go thru this again.  But I'll deal with that tomorrow.  One day at a time.  : )


Many blessings for a beautiful Wednesday ~ Wendy




1 comment:

sage and spirit said...

Love the photo of the frost on the storm door! Brings back memories of growing up in Wisconsin!
Glad you made it though the clod spell up there....it sounded bad on the news.
Happy Birthday!!!! You deserve some of that important "me" time, so enjoy!
Sorry about your brother in law's surgery. Praying all goes well for him.
Yes, one day at a time is often the best way to go. :)