4.03.2014

Signs of Spring . . .

Flowers blooming in the yet-to-be cleaned up front garden.
Holes being dug in the back yard, once again, by the one below who is definitely not as innocent as he looks.
The culprit, Sparky.
Mornings that are warm enough to go outside in your jammies.  Even if it's just for a few minutes.
What looked like this in February . . .
became this in March . . .
and now looks like this in April.  Buddha has been thru the ringer for sure!!!  : )
Mr. Bigglesworth is happy to be on the prowl once again.  I should be receiving little gifts in the form of moles on my door mat again very soon.  Unfortunately, he was already an outdoor cat when we adopted him and there was no way he was going to stay inside.  I've learned to live with it but it still makes me nervous!!
"Is someone gonna let me out or am I gonna have to sit in this window and give everyone a dirty look all day??"
Brady sniffing the fresh spring air.
Buds on the trees that will soon turn into shade from the summer sun.
One final season of lacrosse before he graduates in June.  So hard to believe.
Playing outside without a coat.  Or a hat.  Or mittens.  Or a scarf.  Or snow boots.  I think you get the picture.  : )
Spring is always so bittersweet for me.  It's nice to feel the warmth of the sun again before it gets too hot to tolerate.  It's nice to hear Brendan ask if he can go hang out at the baseball field behind our house with his friends again.  It's nice to know we can begin to spend time in our backyard with friends again.  However, hazy, hot and humid summers in New York are the pits and spring means they're just around the corner.  Yuck!!!  We were so lucky last summer to have really only about two weeks of super hot weather and then a very mild August.  I'm keeping my fingers crossed for a repeat performance!!  For now, I'm enjoying the windows being open and the sound of school children screaming on the playground at the school behind us.  The next couple of months are going to be busy ones for us but I'm going to take them one day at a time and not get ahead of myself.  I've been doing a lot of reflecting lately.  More about that later . . .


Many blessings for a beautiful and peaceful day ~ Wendy



3 comments:

mamasmercantile said...

Amazing the difference in a garden through the seasons. Some wonderful photographs.

JoAnne said...

So nice to see signs of Spring. I wasn't so sure it was coming this year! : )

Emily said...

Such lovely photos!!! I enjoyed everyone of them! Praying that you have a cool, comfortable summer.