2.12.2016

Light and Love . . .





I've been doing a lot of posting on Instagram lately.  It's replaced my obsession with Pinterest for the time being.  Looking thru lots of past photos and remembering the moments like they were yesterday.  Some I've shared before and others, now, for the first time. 





Most photographers will tell you that light is your best friend.  It's scarce in the winter time usually.  We've had a lot of grey days here but there is a slow but sure return to light happening. 




Rapidly approaching is that time of year when we suddenly worry about how our toe nails look and how pasty/ashy our skin is.  I've been feeling like a frumpy, middle-aged house wife for a few months now and I took a big step and cut off all of my hair.  I've been toying with the idea on and off for a long time now and I woke up two days ago and knew it was time.  I had it cut, colored and even had some chunky hi-lites added.  I'm in my jammies with mascara under my eyes right now but I'll share a photo.  I'm not big on selfies but if I can take a good one I'll share.  I know how much I love to see the beautiful ladies behind the blogs I read so I guess it's an okay thing for me to do without feeling too narcissistic.  : )





Jim and I are going out on a date this weekend.  Dinner and a movie tomorrow night.  Just us.  Alone.  No kids.  No interruptions.  No sudden song and dance routines at the table by a rather dramatic five year old.  Just a nice quiet dinner for two.  From my mouth to God's ears.  : )  Any movie suggestions? I haven't checked what's playing lately.  Thankfully, Jim is not opposed to a good chick flick.  Don't tell him I told you this but sometimes he cries harder than I do.  : )  One of the many reasons I love him.  Did I mention his last name is Valentine?  Really it is!!   : )






Here's to a weekend filled with light and love!!  xoxo

~ Wendy



2 comments:

daniela said...

lots of great light, and lovely photos of yours, fun to draw from your pile,
thank you for visiting my blog

sage and spirit said...

Each and every photo is fabulous! You do know how to work with the light! I love the photo of Miss Megan's shoes! And the shot of Finnegan (am I right in that it's Finn?) is adorable. Nice work!
(Oh my gosh, one more night till Sunday!)
xoxo