5.25.2016

A Piece of Our Town . . .


One of the things I love most about moving to a new town is the "newness" of it all.  : )  Little gems in the form of gardens, streams, houses, ponds, old cemeteries, old barns and on and on are everywhere just waiting to be discovered.  There's the sweetest little house that sits on a small, tree lined street across from Megan's school that we discovered the other day while walking back to the car after we went to breakfast.






The flowers are what caught my eye first.  I had my camera with me because we had just been to Meg's school for her award ceremony.  The allium in the front yard is gorgeous!!  I've now put them at the top of my list of flowers to plant this year. 




And the house is just perfect as far as I'm concerned.  Isn't that rocking chair porch with it's old woodwork railings just incredible??  


While I was taking photos a man came from the side of the property.  He ended up being the groundskeeper for the property and he graciously offered to show us the back yard.  HECK YEA!!!!!  : )




We walked thru the garage and into a perfectly manicured back yard complete with raised beds filled with flowers and the start of a little vegetable garden too. 




I have to tell you that my favorite part of that magical yard was hands down the gorgeous tree that stood in the far left corner.  Pictures don't do it justice.  I would've hugged it if the groundskeeper wasn't watching.  : )






Couldn't resist a photo of these pretty curtains!!

A last glance back.
So that is just one of many pieces of our town that I want to share as I find them.  It's going up to close to 90 degrees here in my neck of NY today.  I'm so not ready for this.  We've been lucky up until now and have had a very cool spring, but it is almost June and it is almost summer.  Now is the time of year when I live vicariously thru my blogging friends on the other side of the world that are posting photos of fall and starting to plan for winter.  : )


Wishing you a beautiful Wednesday ~ Wendy



3 comments:

Anonymous said...

this house is so pretty!!!

mamasmercantile said...

Exciting times, exploring the area. Such a pretty house and stunning garden. Have a great day.

sage and spirit said...

Don't you just love those old houses with the cute porches? I would definitely live in a house like that! And the raised garden beds....a future project for me.

90 in NY? You're warmer than we are! (Not that I'm complaining....)
xx