9.16.2016

Friday Afternoon Goings On . . .

I haven't been taking many photos this week.  Instead I've been busy in my studio working on some gift tags and cards.  I haven't created anything new in a while but I'm getting the itch again.  It's probably part of the "nesting" instinct that kicks in about this time every year when the mornings are cooler and the days start to become noticeably shorter.









I have a huge collection of vintage baby cards that I've collected over the years.  They've been sitting in bins for so long and I wanted to upcycle them into something that puts them out into the world again.  They're just way too beautiful to keep hidden away in bins!!  So I cut them up and turn them into gift tags and greeting cards.  I started selling them at craft fairs and people really liked them.  I do the same with old Christmas cards as well.  I'll share some of those in the not so distant future.  : )


Here's a gift tag made just for twins.


Vintage baby cards are the absolute sweetest, aren't they?  Add some vintage ribbon or trim and some pretty paper and embellishments and voila!!!  : )  If you'd like to see more, you can pay a visit to my Etsy shop that can be found here.  Now I'm off to the grocery store for the second time in as many days.  Have you ever just looked around and become so overwhelmed by all the choices in the market that you just kind of throw your hands up and think tomorrow's another day and head straight for the checkout line?  That's what I did yesterday.  We have family coming for a late summer bbq tonight.  My in-laws are heading back home to Florida soon and we all wanted to get together for one last hurrah.  It's always bittersweet but fun.  Any special plans going on this weekend in your neck of the woods??  : )


Have a beautiful and peaceful and safe weekend my friends ~ Wendy






4 comments:

sage and spirit said...

Those cards are adorable! I love what you do with them! I actually came across a box containing every last baby card my parents received when I was born. Such treasures!

Not much happening here....mostly just enjoying the slightly cooler weather.
Have a great time at the bbq. And have a peaceful weekend yourself!
xx

Jen Kershner said...

I get overwhelmed like that if I walk in without a list. Big mistake for me! Love that you are finding a way to make something vintage new again and get some creative time out of it! Have a great weekend, Wendy!

mamasmercantile said...

The cards are a real delight, adorable. Hope you have a great family get together. No real plans here, just pottering. Take care.

nela said...

so fun to see you make those cards, my daughters love the pictures as we have been rediscovering some treasured picture books by the same illustrator!