10.20.2016

An Afternoon at Jones' Farm . . .


























Last week we had a couple of days off from school so we called two of our favorite people, Ophie and Cybele from the "old" neighborhood and invited them up for our annual autumnal visit to Jones' Farm.  It was a beautiful day.  The chickens and roosters and other assorted farm animals were out basking in the sun.  Even Miss Fern, the GINORMOUS pig waddled out of the barn to enjoy the day.  This was only the second time she's been out when we've been there.  She wagged her tail when we spoke to her.  I had no idea pigs did that!!  Lol!!!  We had lunch in their new cafe and then climbed the stairs to the gift shop.  I honestly could go crazy in there but I left with only a small fall wreath for the dining room.  Oh, and apple cider donuts and homemade cookies!!!  My sons would not have been too happy with me if they knew I had been to Jones' Farm and not brought back some baked goodies.  : )

I have a busy weekend ahead.  Tomorrow night my honey and I are attending my cousin's wedding and Saturday I'll be donating my time to Hi Tor, our local animal shelter, to take photos of dogs in their Halloween costumes as part of a fundraiser for them.  I can't tell you how much I love to photograph these events!!!  : )

I know it's a day early but happy and safe weekend everyone!!  ~ Wendy 



P.S.  I forgot to mention that The Walking Dead returns on Sunday night!!!!!!!  I'm excited and scared all at the same time.  If you're a fan of the show you'll understand why!!!  Am I right Mrs. Sage and Spirit???
: (



2 comments:

mamasmercantile said...

Looks like a great day out. Loved the gift shop I wouldn't have been able to resist the candles. I hope we get to see some of the cute dogs in their Halloween costumes. Take care and have a fun weekend.

sage and spirit said...

You take the best fall photos! Reminds me of childhood, home, and all the wonderful feelings that come with the changing season. (But I must say....the look on that goat's face was just a bit creepy.)

And YES!! Sunday night!! Are you planning a TWD party? Mr Sage has to work so I'll be watching with Pinto--she loves TWD too!
I cannot wait. But I don't want to know. Auugghhh!
xx