1.29.2017

Sunday Sayings and My Word . . .

For the first time since I've been choosing "my word" for the new year I've been struggling with coming up with just one.  2016 was a tumultuous year for me in many ways.  I try to share most of the happy stuff in my life here but, just like everyone else, there is also the not so happy stuff.  People showed their true colors.  Decisions were made that were thought for sure to be the right ones but ended up being wrong.  Doors that I had kept cracked open with a glimmer of hope were shut.  The lesson of acceptance came up over and over again for me this last year and I struggled with it.  I'm not going to lie.

Image result for acceptance




In working on acceptance though, I have also asked for the wisdom to see my own flaws in how I react to people and problems in my life.  Am I taking something too personally?  Am I being too defensive?  Is my reaction ego driven?  Am I coming from a place of love or a place of fear?  Is the person I'm interacting with coming from a place of love or a place of fear?  So many questions but I'm grateful for the awareness to think this way.


Image result for awareness


During this new year I would like to grow in different areas of my life.  I'd like to grow my businesses.    I'd like to grow as a photographer.  I'd like to grow in my Spiritual life.  I'd like to grow healthier.  I'd like to grow as a wife, mother and friend.  I'd like to grow as a more loving and caring human being.  I'd like to continue to grow into being the best person that I can be.


Image result for grow
My Word for 2017.  : )

Many blessings to you ~ Wendy


2 comments:

mamasmercantile said...

A wonderful WORD to choose, may it help you on your chosen path. Hoping that you are successful with your ventures for the year. Take care.

sage and spirit said...

You've found the perfect word! Let go and GROW, woman!
xx