4.15.2017

Easter Eggs and Finishing Touches . . .





Megan and Gracie (her bestie) colored eggs the other day.   There are sooooo many different coloring techniques and kits to choose from now.  I personally like the good old fashioned PAAS egg dying kit which, by the way, is great for dying ribbon too.  : )  We opted instead for a glitter egg kit and another one with rub-on transfers which is where all of the silly faces that you see are from.  We also opted out of the glitter.  Too much of a mess!! 



Those transfers can be a bit of a pain to clean up as well but they are certainly a lot easier to clean up than glitter!!






 A few Easter touches that I added this week . . .



Salt and pepper shakers.


My Easter mantle.






My mother in law made this for me in ceramics years ago.  It used to have candy eyes but they fell off.  It looks so real that you almost want to take a bite.  : )


Guess who finally got a haircut??  And he even got an Easter bandana too.  : )




Hanging next to the front door.

This little guy has lost part of his beak and one of his wings and his eyes look a little cock-eyed.  He's still adorable though.  I call him my "special" chicken.  : )


Happy Easter if you celebrate!!  A few friends and some family will be coming here tomorrow.  I'll be making a roast pork and a roast beef.  Also, Brussels sprouts, asparagus, red mashed potatoes, sauerkraut, gravy and applesauce.  Now my mouth is watering.


 ~ Wendy  xo



7 comments:

peppylady (Dora) said...

It been a while since I color eggs with young ones. The oldest one will be 29 in September and the youngest one will be 26 end of the month.
But looking forward in coloring eggs with grand kids.
Coffee is on

Judy said...

I haven't colored Easter eggs in years--kids all grown up now.
I don't decorate for Easter either, What is wrong with me?

thelma said...

Fabulous Easter bits and pieces, have a lovely time...
















Beside a babbling brook... said...

Awwwww, so sweet! Little girl best friends, coloring and decorating Easter Eggs. So, so, so precious.

Your meal sounds "scrumptious"!!!!!

Happy Easter to you and your family!

Elaine said...

I love those sweet, serious expressions as they go about their hard work! They did a fine job. Your Easter decorations are so cute! I really must make more of an effort. Happy Easter.

Sheila said...

Love all your Easter decorations.
It seems to be getting quite the thing to do over here now too judging by all the things I have seen in the shops.
Hope you have had a lovely weekend-x-

sage and spirit said...

Hope you had a wonderful Easter! I love the mantel and the salt and pepper shakers!
The Easter meal sounded great....especially the roast pork!
Have a good week and don't eat too much of that Easter candy! ;)
xx