4.29.2017

The New Blog and Getting Ready for Tennessee . . .

Thank you to everyone that is interested in participating in the new blog!!  I just realized that I need your email address in order to add you as an author.  You can send your email address to mine if you don't want to post it publicly.  My address is:  wmcd67@gmail.com

I'll add your addresses as I get them and figure out what the next step is.  Can you tell this is the first time I've done anything like this??  : )   I'm stepping out of my box!!  WooHoo!!! 


Image result for quote on stepping out of comfort zone


It's been pretty busy around here.  We're getting ready to leave for Tennessee on Thursday.  Megan was asked to be my brother in law's flower girl for his wedding.  Needless to say, she's very excited!!  She's actually going to be a co-flower girl with another little girl her age.  Three out of our four kids are flying with us and my sister in law and nephews are flying with us as well.  It will be the first time that all of us are in Tennessee together with my husband's dad and step mom.  My brother in law has a son from his first marriage so all of the cousins will be together too.

If you've been reading my blog for a while then you'll remember our southern road trip last July when we visited Maryland, North Carolina, Georgia and Tennessee.  We stayed with my in-laws for a few days and I really fell in love with Tennessee.  It's a beautiful state!!

Jim's parents.  I love this pic!!

Megan and cousin Jackson.

Megan and the groom-to-be, Uncle Steve.


Handsome brothers.  : )

My in-laws have a gorgeous house that sits on top of a very steep hill.  My father in law is almost 80 and he was still mowing it himself last summer.  He's had some health issues in the last few months so I think his mowing days are over whether he wants them to be or not.  He is in better shape than people I know that are half his age!!



Their driveway.


They have the most beautiful property and gardens and fruit trees.  You name it, they grow it!!








Tomorrow we go shopping for some fancy stuff to wear.  Tuesday I have a much needed hair appointment.  Between the roots, the grey and the hi-lites my hair is at least four different colors right now!!  : )  I finally did a much needed grocery shop yesterday.  My first real warm weather grocery shop.  Lots of fruits and veggies and things to cook on the grill.  We have our air conditioning on today.  The temperature here was in the low 80's yesterday and it's supposed to be about that again today.  I have to get a photo of our lilac bushes.  They're almost in full bloom and smell amazing!!!  When you walk outside that's all you can smell. Such a pretty time of the year!!

Happy Saturday!!  Any special plans this weekend?  xo

~ Wendy



6 comments:

Judy said...

You are going to have such a wonderful time!!!!!
I'd like an invite to your private blog. Mine is kind of private, in that NO family members know of it or can find it. i have made sure it doesn't show up in any internet searches. LOL
jjmiller6213@comcast.net
XX OO

mamasmercantile said...

How exciting, your in-laws certainly have a great home. The gardens are divine.
my e-mail address is mamasmercantile1@gmail.com

Sheila said...

That is a lovely house and grounds.
Hope you have a wonderful time.

My e-mail address is mommasheila1957@gmail.com

susan said...

Love the idea of your new blog, Wendy. You can reach me at Susan@simplecozyliving.com.
What a beautiful trip to Tennessee. Love your in-laws home, just beautiful!

sage and spirit said...

Tennessee is such a gorgeous state! Lucky you, to get to spend time there! Have a great time and take lots of photos.
My email: sageandspirit2@yahoo.com.

Safe travels and have fun!
xx

Karen @ Beatrice Euphemie said...

Hi Wendy, how exciting to for your little sweetheart to be a flower girl! I was in a few as a child, and it is an exciting time. I remember them as special times in my life. Lovely photos of everyone and the beautiful family home and property. I hope you have a wonderful time! xx Karen