10.27.2017

Keepin' Busy and Saying Goodbye . . .

I've sat down to blog so many times this last month and then, in one way or another, got distracted.  There has been so much going on.  Mostly good thankfully.


This girl of ours has been kicking butt and taking numbers on the soccer field!!  I think she found her passion.  She loves lacrosse but she REALLY LOVES soccer according to her.  We couldn't be any happier about this.  It's such a fantastic sport.  I played in high school and my dad was varsity goalie all four years of high school.  I know he's looking down at her games with a big smile.  : )



We had our annual village-wide yard sale last weekend.  I sold a lot of stuff and bagged up most of the rest of it and dropped it off at a local thrift store that raises money for homeless animals.  Our goal is to be able to fit our boat in the garage this winter.  Slowly but surely we're getting there.   It used to be so difficult for me to let things go but not anymore.  My husband is thrilled!!  : )


Sold.

Sold most of my baskets.

Sold.

Sold.

Sold.

Gone to the thrift store.  : )

We've been gearing up for Halloween with lots of fun activities at Megan's school and in the community.  On Friday night we attended Megan's school "Spooktacular."  The kids got to dress up in their costumes and participate in a bunch of fun activities.  Everyone donated things and the PTO put it together.  They really did a great job!!







They even had a screening of "It's the Great Pumpkin, Charlie Brown!!"  One of my all time favorites.  Takes me right back to my childhood!!




 We finished up the decorating.  I like to keep a mix of scary and funny for the kids. 







On a sad note . . .


On Columbus Day, we had to have our beautiful boy put to sleep.  Brady became a part of our family at a very sad time in our lives.  My three sons had lost their grandfather, their dad, and then another grandfather (my dad) all within two and a half years.  I wanted them to have something happy in their lives so we brought Brady home.  He was just 8 weeks old.  Smaller than my oldest son's foot at the time.  : )  


Don't let that innocent face fool you though.  He was a great escape artist.  If there was a way to get out the front door or into the neighbor's yard he'd find it.  No matter how many times you called him he wouldn't come in until he was good and ready.  He'd run around the neighborhood, bark at neighbors (while his tail was wagging!!), chase cars and roll around in the smelliest pile of whatever he could find.

He also adored the snow and wanted to be out in it all the time when it was on the ground.  He'd bury his nose in it and make tunnels around the yard. 



Last winter during our big snow storm.  Two feet of snow fell and he could barely get around.  He LOVED it!!!

Sparky, Brady and Megan a few years ago.

 Sparky still seems to be sad.  For the first few days he carried around his "baby" wherever he went. 


Now we have my mother's dog, Seamus, for a while until she's recovered from surgery so he's pepped up a bit. 


Seamus.


 Rest in peace my beautiful boy.  Until we meet again. 



I'm looking forward to catching up on all of my favorite blogs.  You all feel like friends to me and I really love to see what's going on in everyone's life.  xoxo


Happy weekend everyone.  ~ Wendy




10 comments:

sage and spirit said...

Wendy,
I am so, so sorry about dear Brady. He was such a beloved part of your family. I know he's "up there" where all the good dogs go.
Hugs to you.
xx

sage and spirit said...

On another note, Megan does look like she's found her passion! Soccer is a great sport!

And doesn't it feel good to sell/donate the stuff that's taking up space? I know I should serioulsy think about doing the same but somehow I never seem to find the time...

Hope you have a happy Halloween!

(What did you think of TWD premiere?)
x

thelma said...

Sad news about Brady,but he had a happy life. There is something exhilarating about getting rid of stuff, it lightens the load on one's back ;). Good for Megan finding a sport to keep her happy.

mamasmercantile said...

I was saddened to hear about your beloved dog Brady. Wendy I loved the baskets I wanted them all. I found it hard to get rid of some of my things when we were moving but a good clear out does you good now and again. Lovely to see Megan in the photos having such a good time, she seems to have found her sport.

Sheila said...

I am so, so sorry to read of the loss of your beautiful dog.

It's a good job Mama's Mercantile and I don't live near you.....we would have been fighting over the baskets...lol.
Hugs-x-

Karen @ Beatrice Euphemie said...

AW, Wendy, I'm so sorry. It's so hard to lose one of our fur-babies. They are truly family. He was beautiful and I know he had a wonderful life.
Your sweet girl is growing so big and enjoying some fun adventures. The party looks like such a good time.
I'm glad I don't live near you or I would have taken all your garage-sale things home! Love your Halloween decorations. That big spider is great! Happy Halloween. Sending hugs xo Karen

September Violets said...

It's been a while since I've visited everyone, but it seems we both have the same difficulty ;) Your times with family and friends sounds wonderful, and I'm glad that's your reason for not being around too much. So sorry to read about your beautiful Brady. I had a chocolate lab when I lived at home and she was a dear old soul. Quite different than your dog though as she never roamed far (although we had some acreage, so she did roam around there!). Love that last white-muzzled facial shot ... my Emily looked just as white in her last years. She lived to be 16! Here's hoping your other dog brightens up again soon. Hugs,
Wendy xox

Rachel Flowers said...

I'm here from Sheila TeaTowel's blog and just wanted to say your beautiful dog made my cry for you. RIP darling pup. The Halloween looked fun.

Wild Wytch Cottage said...

oh hun, so sorry for your loss. time does heal.
thank you for sharing your lovely moments and words with us. it is good to have you back :)

mamasmercantile said...

Hope you had a wonderful Christmas and best wishes for the new year.