5.21.2008

Wendy's Words for Wednesday (I know that's pretty lame but I couldn't think of anything else!!! ) . . .


Well tomorrow is the big day!! Jim and I leave for our honeymoon!! WOOHOO!!! This is actually going to be my first honeymoon. My first husband and I, non-conformists that we were, did everything backwards. First we got pregnant, then we went away to New Mexico for a medical conference that he attended for his job (we always said that was our honeymoon) and then we got married. I was very newly pregnant at the time of the conference and nobody knew about my being pregnant until there was a table of about a dozen people and everyone ordered a frozen margarita but me and the jig was up!! Jim and I are both very much looking forward to getting away. It will be the first time that we're going away without the boys. They'll be fine and in good hands so I'm not worried about that. I do know that by Tuesday, we'll be ready to come home because we'll be missing them so much. Someone asked me the last time I was away from them for an extended period time and I honestly think it was before Brendan was born and Trevor was just a couple of months old and John and I went to Vermont for a long weekend. That was almost 12 years ago!!! No way!!! It can't be that long!!! Anyway, we're going to Turks and Caicos. It's the first time I'm going to an island unless you count the Emerald Isle. My first tropical island. Me, being the non-sun worshipper that I am, went to Target the other day and picked up two large bottles of SPF 50 sunblock. I hope it's strong enough for my incredibly pale skin!! I'd like to come home with some color so you can at least tell that I went away but, other than that, I like my skin the way it is. Poor Trevor, my middle guy, has skin just like mine. Burn and peel, baby. Burn and peel!!!! Oh and freckle, too!!!

I wanted to say thank you to everyone that has been contacting me with regard to Stephanie. My phone has been ringing a lot since the word got out about the use of the word "terminal" with regard to her. I sent an email to the address that was on the bottom of that post on "Thee Rant" and the other day I received a reply from a very sweet woman who apologized profusely for using the "T" word. I felt so bad for her because I know that her intentions were nothing but the best and she, unfortunately, had been given wrong information. I told her she had nothing to apologize for and thanked her from the bottom of my heart for all that she's doing with regard to setting up the 10 - 13 for Steph. She's even set up a prayer chain for Steph and Dan and their families. If you want more info on that please let me know and I'll forward the email to you.

As for Stephanie, she had her second round of chemo yesterday, amongst other things, and she was very tired and queazy and was just wanting to be in bed last nite. As always, her attitide is wonderful and she justs wants to get better. As always, please continue to pray and send lots of positive energy her way. There are several fundraisers that are in the works for Steph and Dan and the kids. I'll post them next week when I return. So many people doing so many wonderful things to help out. That's what the human experience is all about. Helping each other and just being there for each other. It makes us all slow down a bit and remember what's important in life.

Many blessings ~ Wendy

No comments: